If you need an ITIN number and are curious about the function of your passport during the application process, we recommend you to read this content. In the scope of the’ Do I need a passport to get an ITIN?’ we can say that: If you don’t know much about how to get an ITIN, we can help you with that. Getting an ITIN number for the USA is much more practical with a reliable consulting firm.
What Documents can Be Accepted as Proof of Identity in an ITIN Application?
The IRS has streamlined the number of documents it accepts as proof of identity and foreign status for those seeking an ITIN. Depending on the title ’Do I need a passport to get an ITIN?’ we can say that: These documents must be up to date. In addition, the document must contain the expiration date. Some documents normally do not have a valid expiration date. In such a case, the IRS service will accept documents issued within 12 months of filing.
Documents must also show your name and photo. The documents you submit to the IRS service must support your claim to foreign status. You may need your original document for any purpose within 60 days of submitting your ITIN application. In such a situation, you have the option of contacting an IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center or CAA in person. Instead, you can choose this way: Submit certified copies from the issuing agency. In the scope of the’ Do I need a passport to get an ITIN?’ we can say that: The accepted documents in the ITIN application is as follows:
- Passport is the only document that proves your foreign status as well as your identity. For dependent persons, the passport must have an entry date to be an independent document. If not presented in the passport, two or more documents must be submitted together to meet the document requirements.
- National ID card; it must show your name, photo, current residence address, expiration date and date of birth.
- One of the accepted documents is US valid driver’s license.
- A civil birth certificate is required for dependents under the age of 18.
- In the scope of the’ Do I need a passport to get an ITIN?’ we can say that: You can use US state ID card or driver’s license for foreigners.
- One of the accepted documents is foreign voter’s registration card.
- You can use U.S. military identification card, foreign military identification card or Visa.
- USCIS photo identification is accepted document for application ITIN number.
What Documents can Be Used in the ITIN Application for Dependents Who Do not Have an Entry Date in the Passport?
In the scope of the’ Do I need a passport to get an ITIN?’ we can say that: You will need to present one of the following along with the passport:
- For those under 6 years old, one of the following documents is required: US visa, medical record, school record or US state ID card required with passport.
- Documents required for children under 18 and over 6: US visa, state ID card, US school registration required.
- Documents required if 18 years or older: US visa, school registration, rent statement, electricity bill or a US bank statement with the applicant’s name, driver’s license, US state ID card required.
Importance of Passport When Obtaining an ITIN Number
You can apply for an ITIN number whenever you want. First of all, when you need an ITIN number, you need to fill out the W-7 form. Depending on the title ’Do I need a passport to get an ITIN?’ we can say that: You can mail this form to the IRS, along with a real passport and a foreign status document. You can get your document proving your foreignness from the consulate. Applications made directly without proving your foreignness will be rejected. It is very difficult to get this document as the US consulates give an appointment for 5-6 months at the earliest (confirmed as of October 2022).
In order to obtain an ITIN, you must send the IRS the authenticity of your unexpired passport to prove that your identity is truly yours. Depending on the title ’Do I need a passport to get an ITIN?’ we can say that: If you apply with an authorized admissions agency, you do not need to submit the original passport. Previously, it was accepted when you filled out the W-7 form and sent a notarized copy of the passport to the IRS. But it is no longer accepted.
In addition, you need to attach the document that you will receive from the consulate, stating that you are a foreigner, to the same postal envelope, and fill in the W7 form correctly. In the meantime, it is necessary to use an authorized consultancy firm to obtain an ITIN number.
Ein-itin.com is a brand of Cohen Investment LLC, act as a Certified Acceptance Agency. Ein-itin.com provides professional services to prepare and apply for an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) to submit through IRS. As a Certified Acceptance agent , Ein-itin.com prepares and submits applications for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (“ITIN”) on behalf of their applicants. Ein-itin.com tracks the application processing and notifies ITIN Applicants for their ITIN Confirmations. Ein-itin.com understands the applicant situation, inform before the ITIN Application process. Ein-itin.com helps to applicant to apply for their ITIN in a convenient way to avoid mistakes and rejection for ITIN Application. Any individual may hire us to prepare, submit and obtain his or her ITIN Number (via W7 Form) application to the IRS.