Sometimes businesses do not unfold as expected and consequently fail to make enough profits. In such an event, the dissolution of the company might be a better course of action at that time. We will give some details about the dissolution of a company in Delaware in this article.
- Make sure that all franchise taxes have been paid. You will then need to issue a Certificate of Dissolution/Cancellation with the signature of you or someone else who has a signatory power.
- When you first set up your company, a Certificate of Formation was legally granted to you. This time, in an event of dissolution of the company, a Certificate of Dissolution for Corporations or a Certificate of Cancellation for LLC will be drafted.
- A cover memo (information about the related issue and the company) will be attached at the top of the document. Once your documents are ready, you must deliver it to the Division of Corporations of the State of Delaware. You also have to pay a fee to dissolve your company during the delivery of the file. You can make payments either during delivery or by using internet banking systems.
- The process usually takes 3-5 business days to complete.
- If you have a bank account of the company, do not forget to close it.
- Be sure to consult your accountant and tax professionals about the dissolution of your company as well.
Ein-itin.com is a brand of Cohen Investment LLC, act as a Certified Acceptance Agency. Ein-itin.com provides professional services to prepare and apply for an Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) to submit through IRS. As a Certified Acceptance agent , Ein-itin.com prepares and submits applications for an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (“ITIN”) on behalf of their applicants. Ein-itin.com tracks the application processing and notifies ITIN Applicants for their ITIN Confirmations. Ein-itin.com understands the applicant situation, inform before the ITIN Application process. Ein-itin.com helps to applicant to apply for their ITIN in a convenient way to avoid mistakes and rejection for ITIN Application. Any individual may hire us to prepare, submit and obtain his or her ITIN Number (via W7 Form) application to the IRS.