If you are doing business in the US or have a US source income, you might be eligible to get an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).
An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have and are not eligible to obtain, a Social Security number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Do I need an ITIN?
Does the following apply to you?
- You do not have an SSN and are not eligible to obtain one
- You have a US source income and file a federal tax return
- You are in one of the following categories:
- A nonresident alien who is required to file a U.S. tax return (Like, Amazon Sellers, Dropshipping business owners)
- US resident alien who is (based on days present in the United States) filing a US tax return
- Dependent or spouse of a US citizen/resident alien
- Dependent or spouse of a nonresident foreign visa holder
- A nonresident alien claiming a tax treaty benefit
- Nonresident international student, professor or researcher filing a US tax return or requesting an exception
Which documents do you have to provide?
- Correctly completed an application form on our website.
- A valid passport copy and scanned (We are a Certified Agency, and you do not have to send your real passport to us)
- A compelling reason to get an ITIN. We recommend an application through our company. It’s faster and more tax friendly. We can set up a company for you in just a couple of days. It’s only $179 USD. You can form your company by clicking here.
Do you have a company and do you need an EIN? You can apply with us in minutes, and it’s only $65. Apply Now.