EIN, How To

ITIN Application Requirements | Do You Need an ITIN?

ITIN Application Requirements | Do You Need an ITIN?

If you are doing business in the US or have a US source income, you might be eligible to get an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN).

An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a tax processing number issued by the Internal Revenue Service. The IRS issues ITINs to individuals who are required to have a U.S. taxpayer identification number but who do not have and are not eligible to obtain, a Social Security number (SSN) from the Social Security Administration (SSA).

Do I need an ITIN?

Does the following apply to you?

  1. You do not have an SSN and are not eligible to obtain one
  2. You have a US source income and file a federal tax return
  3. You are in one of the following categories:
    • A nonresident alien who is required to file a U.S. tax return (Like, Amazon Sellers, Dropshipping business owners)
    • US resident alien who is (based on days present in the United States) filing a US tax return
    • Dependent or spouse of a US citizen/resident alien
    • Dependent or spouse of a nonresident foreign visa holder
    • A nonresident alien claiming a tax treaty benefit
    • Nonresident international student, professor or researcher filing a US tax return or requesting an exception

Which documents do you have to provide?

  1. Correctly completed an application form on our website.
  2. A valid passport copy and scanned (We are a Certified Agency, and you do not have to send your real passport to us)
  3. A compelling reason to get an ITIN. We recommend an application through our company. It’s faster and more tax friendly. We can set up a company for you in just a couple of days. It’s only $179 USD. You can form your company by clicking here.

Do you have a company and do you need an EIN? You can apply with us in minutes, and it’s only $65. Apply Now.