EIN, How To

After You Incorporate: Obtain an EIN

After You Incorporate: Obtain an EIN

Every corporation or LLC other than a single-member LLC must have an Employer Identification Number which is also known as an EIN. An EIN is a social security number for your entity. This number gives the entity its own identity to keep it separate from individuals.

How do I obtain one?

You have two different options. One of them is to apply for an EIN by yourself. The other is to get help from us. At ein-itin.com, we can help you with the entire process. An application for an EIN usually sounds very complicated to our clients, so they want us to assist them through the whole process. When you incorporate with us, you will be informed during every step.

What if I am not a US citizen?

First of all, you are required to fill out the SS4 form and submit it as any US citizen/resident would. You can list your address on the form as anywhere in the world. The only important thing that the IRS is interested is to know your business’s location of operation.

Required Documents for EIN Application:

A) If your company is an LLC or INC. in the US:

– Company Documents

(Certificate of Formation or Article of Organization)

B) If your company is outside the US. (Foreign Entity)

– Company document (proof of your ownership)

C) If Sole Proprietorship

– No need for any documents

The IRS may send you a letter of rejection if the application has not been prepared correctly or if it has been submitted inappropriately. This rejection letter may take weeks. Once received, you can reapply for an EIN, but you will have to restart the process.

Our experienced tax specialists will be responsible for all the process to ensure that your SS4 application is properly prepared and filed on time.

After receiving a signed SS4 form, we can usually receive an EIN for any international customer within 5 to 7 business days.

If you would like to apply for an Employer Tax Identification Number for a new or existing company, please call us regardless of having a US Social Security number, ITIN, or US address.

For further questions, please feel free to contact us. We are always here to help you with our professional team.