EIN, How To

Is an SSN or ITIN Required to Obtain an EIN?

Obtaining an Employer Identification Number (EIN) is the next step once you form your new company in Delaware.

If your Delaware company is based outside of the United States; however, you are planning to operate your new business in the US, you will need an EIN for the following reasons:

  • Opening a US Business Bank Account
  • Hiring Employees
  • Opening PayPal or Stripe Accounts etc.

In case of absence of an SSN (Social Security Number) or ITIN (Individual Taxpayer Identification Number), due to the IRS regulations, you will need to present a copy of the passport or government-issued ID for the person who is listed as the responsible party after your order is placed.

Completing the EIN application might be really complicated for you. Do not worry! We can handle your EIN applications on your company’s behalf. You do not have to do this time-consuming task on your own. At ein-itin.com, we prepare the SS4 Form, e-mail the document to you to check and sign electronically. Afterward, we submit the EIN application to the IRS.

When you form your Delaware company on our website, you can add the EIN service to your basket at the time of formation. If you have an SSN or ITIN, we kindly ask you to inform and provide these to us. If not, you will need to present a copy of the passport for the person who is listed as the party responsible for the EIN. This is required so that we can send the SS4 Form to the IRS to receive your company’s EIN. Alternatively, you can set up Delaware and add the EIN service later after you receive your ITIN.

We will be happy to help you with any questions you have. You can reach our EIN department at info@ein-itin.com to assist you with any questions.

Back to list